JP Soft support forums
CRNG
2013-02-18 13:55:49 UTC
Wow! I just dropped by the JP Soft web support forums to check them
out. I haven't been there for a few years. I stopped following and
participating shortly after they dropped email participation. I
really don't like web forums. (IMO a web forum is equivalent to having
to visit each individual newspaper publisher to get your daily
newspaper, rather than having them delivered to your door)

Anyway, here's what I found. Looking at the "Latest" posts, it
appears that they don't get very much activity.

What happened there?

FORUMS
Announcements
Latest: Take Command 14.03 Released, Nov 26, 2012

Support
Latest: Disable wildcard [ char in.., Today at 11:50 AM

Tips and Tricks
Latest: Reply to answer from a .BTM, Feb 6, 2013

Plugins
Latest: UIstuff desiderata, Jan 24, 2013

Suggestions
Latest: Directory Aliases and file:// , Friday at 11:02 PM

TCC/LE Announcements
Latest: TCC/LE 13.05 Released , Oct 19, 2012

TCC/LE Support
Latest: Command grouping differs from.., Feb 1, 2013

Open Forum
Latest: A Sad Day For PowerBASIC, Nov 26, 2012
E. S. Fabian
2013-02-18 15:02:56 UTC
CRNG:

| I really don't like web forums. (IMO a web forum is equivalent to
| having to visit each individual newspaper publisher to get your
| daily newspaper, rather than having them delivered to your door)

I usually compare it with getting your mail in a post office box, but yours
is a better analogy! However, you can still get all posts made by anyone
other than yourself by email, though there is no way to discern their
threading but your own memory.

| Anyway, here's what I found. Looking at the "Latest" posts, it
| appears that they don't get very much activity.
|
| What happened there?

You happen to look when a/ Rex is taking a few days off for a well-earned
vacation, and b/ the current release has become very stable, so most posts
come from people who are relatively new, and have difficulty with the very
rich offering. Often there are more than 30 posts in a single day, though
they are frequently distributed across many forums.
Steve
CRNG
2013-02-18 17:02:54 UTC
On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 10:02:56 -0500, "E. S. Fabian"
Post by E. S. Fabian
You happen to look when a/ Rex is taking a few days off for a well-earned
vacation, and b/ the current release has become very stable, so most posts
come from people who are relatively new, and have difficulty with the very
rich offering. Often there are more than 30 posts in a single day, though
they are frequently distributed across many forums.
Thanks for the info. I'm very happy to see that I just happened to
pick an unusually quiet time to drop in. The 30 posts/day makes me
feel better. I didn't want to mention it, but I was worried that JPS
was just not doing well. I'm glad that is not the case.