REN /S in Subdirectories does not work
Ralf Brinkmann
2012-05-24 15:14:09 UTC
Hi everybody!

REN /S *.plsx *.pls does not work. If I'm in the subdirectory, it works.

VER /R
TCC LE 12,00,37 Windows XP [Version 5,1,2600]
TCC LE Build 37 Windows XP Build 2600 Service Pack 3

Gruß, Ralf
--
Windows XP Home SP3
Opera 12.00 - 1417
The Bat! Pro 5.1.6.2
E. S. Fabian
2012-05-24 20:09:20 UTC
Ralf Brinkmann:

| REN /S *.plsx *.pls does not work. If I'm in the subdirectory, it
| works.
|
| VER /R
| TCC LE 12,00,37 Windows XP [Version 5,1,2600]
| TCC LE Build 37 Windows XP Build 2600 Service Pack 3

The /S option for the REN[AME] command is very different from its use in
most other commands. It refers to renaming subdirectories, not recursive use
of file renaming. You could use the MOVE command to perform the renaming, or
sweep through all subdirectories using GLOBAL:
GLOBAL /I /Q /N REN *.plsx *.pls
Regardless, you should get your FREE upgrade to TCC/LE 13.

Another point: this NG is virtually dead... JP Software offers free access
to their current OFFICIAL forum at jpsoft.com/forums, very active!
--
HTH, Steve