lock violation on a lan
John Sowden
2004-11-25 08:16:13 UTC
when I attempt to copy a file accross a lan (netbios type lan)
I get a "lock violation" error wne using the latest/last version
of 4dos. I have tried a previous version of 4dos with no prblem.
What's changed? What's the work arround?

John Sowden
***@americansentry.net
Charles Dye
2004-11-27 15:54:33 UTC
On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 08:16:13 GMT, John Sowden
Post by John Sowden
when I attempt to copy a file accross a lan (netbios type lan)
I get a "lock violation" error wne using the latest/last version
of 4dos. I have tried a previous version of 4dos with no prblem.
What's changed? What's the work arround?
This issue was mentioned in the support forum a few months back.
Apparently 4DOS attempts to lock the source file before the COPY
starting with version 7.01. You don't give any info on the operating
systems or network software involved, but if it's a peer-to-peer
network and the remote machine is running some version of DOS, then
else fails, just use XCOPY for this specific situation.
--
Charles Dye ***@highfiber.com